The American media brand was launched in 1976 and has a great reach, enormous credibility and goodwill within the American community over here. We can help you increase your business with this lucrative audience. Reach them with display ads in a quality print magazine, A-List Directory, online advertising, mailing sponsorship, newsletter ads and event sponsorship – details are below. Call us now on +44(0)1747 830 520, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Interested in advertising to Americans in the UK?
Sign up to receive marketing opportunities specific to reaching Americans in the UK, as well as special offers. There's no obligation to advertise, but you will get our news and offers first.
Print & digital magazine: The American
• The leading publication for Americans in the UK
• The hub of a very active, wealthy and influential community
• Established – born in the USA's bicentenary year of 1976
• The Number 1 publication for Americans in Britain
• Published bi-monthly: January-February; March-April; May-June; July-August; September-October; November-December • Deadlines: Editorial 1st day of prior month; Advertisement copy 7th day of prior month.
• Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
• Fortnightly email newsletter offers advertising. Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
• The American is the favorite information and entertainment source for Americans living in and visiting the UK. It is the leading cross-media publication for Americans in the UK and anyone interested in American culture. Established in 1976, and originally a newspaper, it is now a multi-media platform including a beautifully produced glossy magazine in convenient Travel Size, with print and digital editions. An easy and attractive read on paper and screen, giving long shelf-life and high initial and pass-on readership. Regular content includes:
• Essential Finance, Health & Education information for expats
• The best American Sports coverage in Britain
• The Most Comprehensive Directory of American Organizations in the UK
• US & UK Politics
• Competitions and exclusive offers
• The American community in the UK
• Things to do in the UK
• Feature Articles
• Reviews – Music, Shows, Motors, Arts & Antiques, Books, Food & Drink
• Regular columns by well known writers
• The editorial team are Americans living in Britain & the United States, and others with American links. Their mix of the essential, the informative and the entertaining makes The American a must-read.
• US citizens and their families who live permanently in the UK, work in Britain on a long or short term basis, or are on vacation here.
• Active, Wealthy and Influential. Individual and Corporate.
• Many are in finance, the oil industry, the military and the diplomatic corps
• Predominantly high net worth individuals in socio-economic groups A/B
• Circulation (print edition) 25,000
• Readers per copy (print edition) 6
• Readers per issue (print edition) 150,000
A mix of paid-for subscriptions and single copy sales together with free distribution at selected quality sites. All distribution is by request.
• US Embassy and Consulates
• American Clubs & Associations
• Major International & American businesses in the City, Canary Wharf and further afield
• Airport lounges & Clubs
• American and International Schools, Colleges and Universities
• Luxury Retail outlets
• Leading hotels (at manager's request)
• Military bases
• Sports Venues
• Churches and Faith Groups
• Private hospitals
• Relocation Companies and New Neighbors Groups
• Selected Luxury Residential
• PLUS WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA