Sign up to receive marketing opportunities specific to reaching Americans in the UK, as well as special offers. There's no obligation to advertise, but
you will get our news and offers first.
The American has been published since 1976, the USA's Bicentennial year, for Americans in the UK – visitors, vacationers, those working here and those who have decided to make Britain their home. They come from all walks of life, but many are in banking & finance, the oil industry, the military, the diplomatic corps or are entrepreneurs and run their own companies here. Its bimonthly print publication, website and social media offer an immediate lively and essential read. It became a hub of this active community and provides its audience with need-to-know information and entertaining content.
The American actually began life in 1976 as a newspaper for the American community in Britain. In the mid 2000s, it was developed into its current glossy, magazine format. Combining the ethos of community publishing from its days as a newspaper with the high quality, professional, luxury experience of reading a magazine, The American magazine's connections within the American community in London and the UK ensures it's a must read, as well as an enjoyable one.
• Circulation (print edition) 25,000
• Readers per copy (print edition) 6
• Readers per issue (print edition) 150,000
A mix of paid-for subscriptions and single copy sales together with free distribution at selected quality sites. All distribution is by request.
• US Embassy and Consulates
• American Clubs & Associations
• Major International & American businesses in the City, Canary Wharf and further afield
• Airport lounges & Clubs
• American and International Schools, Colleges and Universities
• Luxury Retail outlets
• Leading hotels (at manager's request)
• Military bases
• Sports Venues
• Churches and Faith Groups
• Private hospitals
• Relocation Companies and New Neighbors Groups
• Selected Luxury Residential
• PLUS WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
London Public Distribution
The American magazine has a strong public circulation across the capital, particularly in the City of London and Canary Wharf, where copies are available from public stands in offices, business lounges, hotels, restaurants and serviced apartments. See below for just a few of the locations where the magazine is available:
The American magazine is published bi-monthly, 6 times per year. Here are our upcoming issues, their advertising deadlines, and their publication dates:
• September/October 2018 | Advertising Deadline: August 14th 2018 | Publication: Late August 2018
• November/December 2018 | Advertising Deadline: October 9th 2018 | Publication: Late October 2018
• January/February 2019 | Advertising Deadline: December 4th 2018 | Publication: Late December 2018
• March/April 2019 | Advertising Deadline: Approx February 6th 2019 | Publication: Late February 2019
• May/June 2019 | Advertising Deadline: Approx April 10th 2019 | Publication: Late April 2019
• July/August 2019 | Advertising Deadline: Approx June 12th 2019 | Publication: Late June 2019
• September/October 2019 | Advertising Deadline: Approx August 14th 2019 | Publication: Late August 2019
• November/December 2019 | Advertising Deadline: Approx October 9th 2019 | Publication: Late October 2019
The American offers a variety of display advertising options, including Double Page Spreads, Full Page Adverts, Half Page Adverts and Quarter Page Adverts. See below for a few examples of how existing advertisers have utilized these options to represent their brands and services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Double Page Spread - click image to expand
Full Page Advert - click image to expand
Half Page / Quarter Page Adverts - click image to expand
The American's Directory is called The A-List Directory. This is a listings section featured on our website (see here) and in every print/digital copy of The American magazine (see below). The A-List Directory is a strong, long term option for experts who have services which could benefit Americans or US-connected citizens in the UK at any time of the year. The A-List is the go to resource for Americans moving to or already living in the UK. Parts of the A-List Directory are also integrated into our website's Expat Advice section (see here). Contact email@example.com for more details.
A-List Directory (Print Magazine) - click image to expand
A-List Directory (Website)
To see how the A-List Directory is presented via our website, just go to www.theamerican.co.uk/pr/A-list.php
Get a personalized proposal
The American is a unique proposition with a niche audience. We understand the importance of personalizing your campaign to make the most of your marketing investment, and discussing your needs to make sure what we're offering matches what you're looking for.
Call us now on +44(0)1747 830 520, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, and to get a personalized quote for your campaign.
Get Involved in The American's Events
The American holds events for our readers where they can learn essential stuff from expert speakers, enjoy themselves with US music, comedy and food & drink, network, and hang out in a relaxed, safe environment with their fellow Americans. Perfect places for you to interact with them face to face. For sponsorship opportunities call +44(0)1747 830 520 or email email@example.com.