The American media brand was launched in 1976 and has a great reach, enormous credibility
and goodwill within the American community. We can help you increase your business with this lucrative audience. Reach them with display ads, A-List Directory, mailing sponsorship, newsletter ads or event sponsorship. Call us now on +44(0)1747 830 520, or email email@example.com to find out how.
Print & digital magazine: The American
- The leading publication for Americans in the UK
- The hub of a very active, wealthy and influential community
- Established – born in the USA's bicentenary year of 1976
- The Number 1 publication for Americans in Britain
- Published bi-monthly: January-February; March-April; May-June; July-August; September-October; November-December
- Deadlines: Editorial 1st day of prior month; Advertisement copy 7th day of prior month.
- Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
- Fortnightly email newsletter offers advertising. Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest
and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
- The American is the favorite information and entertainment source for Americans living in and visiting the UK. It is the leading cross-media publication for Americans in the UK and anyone interested in American culture. Established in 1976, and originally a newspaper, it is now a multi-media platform including a beautifully produced glossy magazine in convenient Travel Size, with print and digital editions. An easy and attractive read on paper and screen, giving long shelf-life and high initial and pass-on readership. Regular content includes:
- Essential Finance, Health & Education information for expats
- The best American Sports coverage in Britain
- The Most Comprehensive Directory of American Organizations in the UK
- US & UK Politics
- Competitions and exclusive offers
- The American community in the UK
- Things to do in the UK
- Feature Articles
- Reviews – Music, Shows, Motors, Arts & Antiques, Books, Food & Drink
- Regular columns by well known writers
- The editorial team are Americans living in Britain & the United States, and others with American links. Their mix of the essential, the informative and the entertaining makes The American a must-read.
- US citizens and their families who live permanently in the UK, work in Britain on
a long or short term basis, or are on vacation here.
- Active, Wealthy and Influential. Individual and Corporate.
- The highest circulation and readership of any publication for Americans living, working, vacationing and traveling in the UK.
- Many are in finance, the oil industry, the military and the diplomatic corps
- Predominantly high net worth individuals in socio-economic groups A/B
- Circulation (print edition) 25,000
- Readers per copy (print edition) 6
- Readers per issue (print edition) 150,000
Print: a mix of paid-for subscriptions together with free distribution at selected quality sites. See full list here. All distribution is by request.
- US Embassy and Consulates
- American Clubs & Associations
- Major International & American businesses in the City, Canary Wharf and further afield
- Airport lounges & Clubs
- American and International Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Luxury Retail outlets
- Leading hotels (at manager's request)
- Military bases
- Sports Venues
- Churches and Faith Groups
- Private hospitals
- Relocation Companies and New Neighbors Groups
- Selected Luxury Residential
- PLUS WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA