THE TRANSATLANTIC MAGAZINE
The US Embassy has issued a warning for American citizens about demonstrations in London, Edinburgh and Belfast
Central London, Edinburgh, Belfast – United Kingdom
Numerous demonstrations are being planned for June 3 to 7, 2020 across the United Kingdom. The majority of the demonstrations will be focused in central London. Several of the events are expected to attract large crowds.
Demonstrations and marches are expected to take place:
• Wednesday, June 3 at 6:00 PM in Tower Hamlets at Altab Ali Park
• Wednesday, June 3 at 6:00 PM near the U.S. Consulate in Edinburgh
• Friday, June 5 at 12:00 PM in Trafalgar Square
• Saturday, June 6 at 12:00 PM in Parliament Square (a march)
• Saturday, June 6 at 3:00 PM at the U.S. Embassy London
• Saturday, June 6 at 3:00 PM in downtown Belfast
• Sunday, June 7 at 2:00 PM at the U.S. Embassy London
• Sunday, June 7 at 1:00 PM in central Edinburgh
Actions to Take:
• Heed instructions and view updates from UK police and government authorities.
• London Metropolitan Police website is news.met.police.uk
• Follow MetPoliceEventsand @MetPoliceUK for guidance
• Monitor local media for updates.
• Avoid as much as possible the areas of the demonstrations.
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Maintain social distancing practices.
• Notify friends and family of your status.
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
United Kingdom Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebookand Twitter
Essential Weekly Reads for Overseas Americans. Free