Old Country Tours Inc.
Jeff Dunham ad in The American theamerican.co.uk

July 6 2020

TIME:          US  |   UK  

WEATHER:  US  |   UK  

      Back Issues

      Diary Dates

      Features & Blogs

      Politics blog
  "Life in the UK"

      American Groups
      Essential Contacts

• U.S. Embassy London Warden Message: Demonstration, April 1, 2009
• Diversity Lottery Fraud
• Presidential Election Summary
• Embassy Relocation Plans
• Important Changes to UK Visa Regulations
• New Embassy video service
• New Republicans Abroad website
• Josh Hamilton – A Real Sports "Feel Good" Story
• IRS Extends Hours
• Ambassador Tuttle Gives 2008 Churchill Lecture

Urgent — Important Changes to UK Visa Regulations
September 23, 2008

US Embassy seal The United States Embassy, London, has issued the following Warden Message for all American citizens.

In November 2008, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) will begin to implement a five–tier visa regulation system. Information on the new points–based system, and transitional arrangements for American citizen work permit holders and dependents already in the United Kingdom, can be found at the website of the UKBA: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/managingmigration/apointsbasedsystem/howitworks

Companies and individuals intending to employ American citizens, or other nationals from countries beyond the European Economic Area and Switzerland, are required to apply to the UKBA for a sponsorship license. The cut off date for applications is October 1, 2008. Potential sponsors missing the deadline will not be able to take advantage of the start date and will be delayed in the process. Information for employers can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/

Educational establishments must also apply for a sponsorship license. Even American education institutions that only offer short–term study abroad programs in their own premises in the United Kingdom to students who are enrolled in the United States, and who come to the United Kingdom for one or two semesters before returning home to finish their degree courses, must apply for a license from the UKBA. Information for education providers may be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/sponsoringmigrants/eligibility/tierstudents/

Students and prospective students who intend to stay longer than six months, and those coming for less than six months but who wish to work while studying, are required to obtain a student or prospective student visa in advance of traveling to the United Kingdom. Failure to do so will result in the student or prospective student being refused entry to the United Kingdom. Students may apply on line at: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/

To register your details with the U.S. Embassy London so that they may be able to contact you in an emergency, please visit https://travelregistration.state.gov/. To subscribe to the Embassy's monthly newsletter for American Citizens, please send an email to londonacsnewsletter@state.gov.

Tanager Wealth Management
My Expat Taxes
© All contents of www.theamerican.co.uk and The American copyright Blue Edge Publishing Ltd. 1976–2020
The views & opinions of all contributors are not necessarily those of the publishers. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all content is accurate
at time of publication, the publishers, editors and contributors cannot accept liability for errors or omissions or any loss arising from reliance on it.
Contact/About Us | Privacy Policy