THE TRANSATLANTIC MAGAZINE
Sports blogs, features, interviews and Draft analyses from The American's team of sports writers.
On The MVP Red Carpet: The night before the Super Bowl the NFL held its annual awards ceremony
The Sky Sports NFL expert chats to The American's own Josh Modaberi
The rock'n'rolling wrestler talks about the release of his third autobiography.
...MORE SPORTS ARTICLES
World class grappler turns TNA producer and British Bootcamp judge.
When it comes to business, his aim is simple: the TNA Heavyweight Championship
When it comes to business, his aim is simple: the TNA Heavyweight Championship
The Eagle Eyed Darren Kilfara takes a good look at bad golf course design: why spoil perfection?
The TNA's new World Heavyweight Champion says he will defend his title against anybody, any place, any time
The second International Series game... what a thriller.
Can Jurgen Klinsmann lead the USA to World Cup victory? We look at all the opposition.
'American football' made its way to Irish shores as Penn State and University of Central Florida hit Dublin.
Joe says it's time for the new boys of TNA to step up to the plate... but they'd better watch out for him!
Mike Trout of the Anaheim Angels features in our season preview. Is he "the best player in baseball"?
Brit Heavyweight Tyson Fury & his dad Peter tell us about working with US boxer Eddie Chambers
Montel Vontavious Porter on his time in WWE, NJPW and TNA
Why Rory McIlroy missed Maui (Caroline Wozniacki?), the tabloidification of golf, and how climate change leads to birdies and bogeys!
The TV presenter plays the play as well as talking the talk, he tells The American's Josh Modaberi
The WWE, NJPW and TNA star, and former Olympic Gold Medalist, talks to The American's Josh Modaberi
The 2013 season reviewed by Jay B Webster
One of the finest female wrestlers of her generation talks to The American's fight fella, Josh Modaberi.
A great night for the visitors (that's San Francisco, sports fans) and a bad time for the home team (...Jacksonville).
The NFL hits London again. Josh Modaberi meets the teams.
Josh Modaberi, The American's grapple guru, talks to one half of one of the greatest tag teams to ever step foot inside the squared circle
Jay B Webster puts another baseball season in the rear view mirror and looks forward to the playoffs
The Pittsburgh Steelers visited two places this past Sunday: London and Stark Reality, says Richard L Gale in his regular Sideline column
Baseball's PEDs crisis is exacerbated by the stats, writes Jay B Webster
Natimi Black-Heaven reports from London's home opener as the British Basketball season gets under way in the (Copper) Box that Rocks
The NFL hits London again. Josh Modaberi, The American's roving sports reporter, meets the teams.
• NFL Week 2: London-bound teams go 0-4.
• Breathless Offense: Did we just witness the start of a new NFL era? asks Richard L Gale
• MLB: What To Believe In: Baseball's PEDs crisis is exacerbated by the stats, writes Jay B Webster
• The Eve of War... Get caught up with Richard L Gale's NFL predictions, now with added NFC!
• Iowa Hawkeyes crush London Lions ...but London's Copper Box debut is a sell-out success. Natimi Black-Heaven reports.
• Interview. Uche Nwaneri, Jacksonville Jaguars veteran guard chats to The American's Josh Modaberi
• 2013 C-USA Preview
• 2013 Mid-American Preview
• 2013 Football Independents Preview
• 2013 Sun Belt Preview
• 2013 AAC Preview
• Interview: Minnesota Vikings veteran D-lineman Kevin Williams
• Interview: Steelers guard Ramon Foster
• Interview: Donte Whitner, San Francisco safety
• Interview: USA Rugby Director Jim Snyder
• English Premier League Preview 2013
• Richard L Gale's Sideline column: Why NFL PED bans worry me less than A-Rod
• Reigning Women's Knockout Champion, TNA's Mickie James, interviewed
• Baseball's Dark Cloud: Jay B Webster, Brewers fan, reacts to the suspension of Ryan Braun
• Shahid Khan cements London connection: Gary Jordan reports on the Jags owner adding Fulham to his sports portfolio
• Brooklynettes visit London
• Big Ben meets Big Ben. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger drops by Westminster. The American's Josh Modaberi caught up with him.
• Interview: Jim Ross. 'The Voice' of the WWE chats to The American about his spoken word tour of the UK. And his own BBQ's sauces!
• AFC Wimbledon Survival Success: They didn't win the league, so why are they celebrating like they won the Cup?
• The Last World On... THE 2013 NFL DRAFT. The dust has settled and the final grades are in.
• Manchester's Menelik Watson awaits NFL call. Josh Modaberi catches up with one the draft’s top prospects.
• British Olympian bids for NFL future: Draft-day hopeful Lawrence Okoye speaks with The American’s Josh Modaberi.
• NFL Draft Review 2012
• NFL Draft Review 2011
• NFL Draft Review 2010
• NFL Draft Review 2009
• Sideline: Manning Madness, Timsanity, and Bountygate
• Sideline: Still Doubting Eli?
• Sideline: The London Rams - First Reactions
• ESPN Analysts Tedy Bruschi and Trent Dilfer preview the NFL Championship Games
• Obituary: Joe Paterno
• Sideline: Predictive Text
• Sideline: Yes, Non–Conference Games DO Count
• NCAA Preview 2009
• Sideline: Time For The Talking To Stop
• Sideline: In Memory of Air McNair
• Sideline: Will Goodell Hand Out Hard Time?
• Sideline: Marshall's Not Joshing
• NFL Draft: No Rush To Judgment
• NFL Draft Analysis 2009 (Part 2)
• Sideline: NFL Draft Thoughts (Part 2)
• Sideline: NFL Draft Thoughts
• Sideline: Will Play For Food
• Sideline: Wonderlic Scores
• Sideline: Manning and Sanchez
• Sideline: 2010 Leagues Sci–fi, or Fantasy? / March Madness
• Sideline: Break Out The Brackets
• Sideline: LaDainian Tomlinson On The Record
• Sideline: The Incredible Sulk Continues
• Sideline: Guildford Heat Fired Up
• Sideline: Super Bowl thoughts from the Valley of the Sun
• Sideline: I know I came in here for something
• Sideline: College Football National Signing Day
• Sideline: 27 Points — 27 Super Bowl thoughts
• Sideline: An Epic QB Matchup?
• Sideline: Appreciating Arizona for What They Were
• Sideline: NFL Divisional Weekend Preview
• Sideline: Bowl Season Hangover
• Sideline: Six weeks Later
• Sideline: Wildcard Weekend Preview
• Sideline: Santa's Sackings
• Sideline: A Weis Decision ...for Now
• Sideline: Eye on the Ticker
• Sideline: Lions — An Anagram of Losin
• Sideline: Ready for the Turkey
• Sideline: Making it to the Big Dance
• Sideline: Brighter Days Ahead for Chargers?
• Sideline: Unnecessary Hits To The Pocket / Upset: BYU
• Sideline: Romo's Pause / Seattle Seahawks
• Sideline: Weekend Prep: Red River and More
• Sideline: College Football's 'Crossroads' Weekend
• Sideline: Gramatical Error
• Sideline: Turning The Page
• Sideline: So Cal 'Quizzed
• Sideline: 3rd Tuesday Panic / Forté Yard Dash
• Sideline: Two and Oh; Oh and Two
• Sideline: No More NCAAffeine
• Sideline: Week 1 College Football
• Sideline: How To Spell Heisman / Chad Ocho Cinco
• Sideline: A Second Slice
• Sideline: The Favre story STILL won't go away
• Sideline: Olympic Notes / Ricky's Still Relevant
• Sideline: Committee Meetings
• Sideline: Let the QB Battles Begin
• Sideline: Slinging The Slinger — More Favre
• Interview: Clint Dempsey
• Sideline: Welcome to the 2008 season
• Sideline: Plus One
• 2008 NFL Draft Review
• Sideline: Draft: The Morning After
• Sideline: Draft: Thinking the Unthinkable
• Sideline: Draft: Ready For The Long Haul
• Sideline: Sofa–bound Sport
• Sideline: Post–Winter Wonderland
• Sideline: Six Impossible Things
• Sideline: Brady's Misdirection Play
• Sideline: Colorful Language
• Sideline: Let the Romo–bashing begin
• Sideline: Bowl Bites: The Wrap
• Sideline: All About The Coaches
• Sideline: Bowl Bites 3
• Sideline: Bowl Bites 2
• Sideline: Bowl Bites 1
• Sideline: Coach Situations Vacant
• Sideline: For Some, The Playoffs Are Now
• Sideline: A Certain Lack Of Welcome
• Sideline: Unrelated Notes
• Sideline: Two Thanksgiving thoughts
• Sideline: Halftime: NFC
• Sideline: Halftime: AFC
• Sideline: London / A Tale of Two Chads / Intimidation
• Sideline: Damp Squib / Other London Notes
• Sideline: Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em / Dolphins – The Aftermath
• Sideline: The Dolphins Did What?
• Sideline: Notes on the Defenses
• Sideline: Habits to be Broken
• Sideline: Overtime
• Sideline: This Week's Starters
• Sideline: USF: Covering The Spread / Fantastic Football
• Sideline: Grossman: The Final Act? / McNabb, the Epilogue
• Sideline: Eagles QB in Slight Controversy
• Sideline: Leftwich's Parting Gift / Boos cruise
• Sideline: Notre Dame M.I.A.
• Sideline: Looking Beyond NFL Wk. 1
• Sideline: Best Hope For Heisman
• Sideline: Coaching Hot Seats / AP Poll Feeling ’Appy
• Sideline: The NFL’s Prime Cuts
• Sideline: Michigan Falls to Killer Apps
• Sideline: Look Out Couch / The Taint's On You, Bud